Tuesday, May 3, 2011

CLE Sports

It's amazing how many phone conversations I have to start with, "I promise this is the last time I'll call."  Not because I'm a creepy stalker, but because I always forget something important.  And by important, I mean not very important at all.  Tonight, I called my sister about a million times in a row, the last of which was because I forget to tell her that the Coliseum (where the A's play) had about 9 people in attendance.  I was tempted to call about 35 seconds after that to ask if it was still called McAfee Coliseum, but since she has finals this week, I decided that it was best to just look it up on the good ol' interweb.  It is not, by the way.  The stadium is now called Overstock.com Coliseum.  Apparently, no one wants their name affiliated with the A's, so the name changes about as often as the weather in Ohio. 

:::Crappy segue:::

Speaking of sports, I'm so sick of all these national sportscasters bashing on the 216 (that's Cleveland's area code for all of you who might be lucky enough to not know that).  Seriously.  And it's not just baseball, it's all of our sports.  It's always, "Wow!  The opponent sure had a terrible game tonight!" or "And Cleveland keeps its lucky steak alive by somehow managing another win!"  Even when the Cavs had LeBron, Charles Barkley was always spewing crap about how "turrible" we were, or how we weren't ever going to win the Finals.  Granted, he was right, but still.  I can't wait until we win something so everyone will shut the hell up.  Or not.  Oh god, I can already see the headlines:  "Entire MLB gives up; paves way for Cleveland to win World Series." 

Oh well.  All I can do is pray that I'm lucky enough to still be alive on the day that a Cleveland sports team finally wins it all.  And hopefully, it won't be the Indians.  Not that I hate baseball, but I'd be lying if I said a little piece of me wouldn't die if the Indians end our drought before the Cavaliers or Browns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment