Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shiny, Happy People Holding Hands...

It has been brought to my attention that some of you think my blog is a little too negative.  Let me start by saying that yes, the world is full of many lovely things. . .  But for the most part, those lovely things translate into really boring stories.  Nevertheless, I've decided to dedicate an entire blog to things that make me happy.  So here we go. . .

Things that make me happy:

1) Walking into a gas station, needing a lighter, and realizing that, YES, they do in fact have Motley Crue lighters for sale!  (Sorry, Crue fans, can't figure out how to do the umlauts on here)

2) The fact that there are enough people in Pennsylvania who believe that pterodactyls still exist to actually form a club (and write a book about it!)  No kidding.  Look it up.  It's hilarious.

3) Finding a picture of my dad in a cowboy hat.  HAHAHA!!!  If only it weren't so blurry. (P.S. Someday, this will come back to haunt you, dad.  And you can count it being in the very, very near future.)  Lesson learned:  Don't let your wife post pictures of you at a theme party if you have relations on the Lepora side of the family.  It will not end well for you.  : )







4)  In my weekly newsletter from that mountain lion-saving group, it mentioned that Wyoming and Oregon were unable to pass laws against hunting the lions. Of course, I think this was supposed to be sad news. But regardless,  Nikki: 2, People-Eaters, 0.  Good for you, Oregon and Wyoming.

5) Realizing that I live only 30 minutes from a restaurant whose entire menu is a million different kinds of grilled cheese sandwiches.  And to boot, the menus are on the back of vinyl album covers.  How cool is that?!  If there's a heaven, it's not out of the question that it could be located somewhere in the Melt's kitchen. 

So there you have it, people.  5 things that make me happy.  Take it all in, kids, because I'm not going to be making a habit of this.  Oh, and have a nice day.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment