Friday, May 20, 2011

End of the World, part 2.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that the world just might be ending tomorrow.  Let's look at the facts: 

1) The Indians have the best record in Major League Baseball.  Not only do they have the best record, but the also have the best run differential. 

2) The Cavs have the 1st and 4th draft pick this year. (P.S. Take Williams instead of Irving!!!  You know, if the world is still here and all. . .)

3) The Browns truly have the potential to be a playoff team next season. 

3) The sun is actually shining over Cleveland today.  This only happens about three times a century.

So of course the world would choose to end in a season that sees a Cleveland team with the potential to win something.  If this is the case, me and the big guy up there are going to have some words.  Assuming, of course, that not only does heaven exist, but that my kind is allowed entrance.  Which is unlikely, at best. 

The good news about this impending rapture is that I can probably guilt people in to celebrating my birthday tonight, just in case we're not here next week.  And since I think we all know that the world will most definitely still be here tomorrow, I'll get to celebrate twice.  (Thank you  Harold Camping, you crazy old bastard.)

So go out and enjoy this beautiful Friday evening, kids.  Blow all your money and party like it's 1999.  And if we're not here tomorrow, I'll catch ya on the other side. 

Nikki out.

No comments:

Post a Comment